OEM RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES
OEM Press Systems' strength lies in our in-depth knowledge of materials and processes. Our team will listen, gather data, analyze, confer and test solutions to meet your goals.
OEM’s Lab Presses offer a wide range of processing capabilities:
PRESS SYSTEM #1 - OEM 150 Ton Hot Press
- 36”x36” platen size with Electrically Heated platens (500F max. temp.) with Air, Mist and Water cooling
- Three daylight openings of approx. 4” each
- OR Press can be operated with a single daylight of 12”
PRESS SYSTEM #2 - OEM 40 Ton Hot Press
- 16”x16” platen size with Electrically Heated platens (600F max. temp.) with Air, Mist and Water cooling.
- One daylight openings of approx. 3.5”.
PRESS SYSTEM #3 - OEM 100 Ton Hot Press
- 16”x16” platen size with Electrically Heated platens (1000F max. temp.) - no platen cooling. Four daylight openings of approx. 3.5” each
- OR Press can be operated with a single daylight of 14”.
All of the above lab presses have vacuum capability which is of great benefit in removing entrapped air or volatiles from between your multiple layer of material prior to press closure. This also make the “Bump” or “Degas” cycle more effective as the vacuum pump is in continuous operation and efficiently evacuates gases from the product and vacuum chamber during the Degas cycle.
OEM's patented Quad Piston Hot Press design is ideal for low-pressure bonding applications such as honeycomb panels due to the even pressure distribution across the entire platen area. Our top-mounted hydraulic cylinders allow us to locate the press platens at easy-to-reach elevations so the press design is convenient for quick and easy manual loading and unloading of the press daylights.
OEM offers semi-automated and fully-automated press loader/unloaders that eliminate manual loading of the press platens, reduce down-time between cycles and eliminate lifting of panels by the operator.